Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I’m proud to be me


They said I was black
And you were white,
I am not bothered by color,
I am proud to be me.

They said I was wrong
And you were right,
Let their conscience be the judge,
I am proud to be me.

They said I was dull
And you were wise,
My works will speak,
I am still proud to be me

They said you were tall
And I was small,
In the fields of success, size doesn’t count.
I am proud to be me.

They said you were nice
And I was rude,
I am proud of my actions,
You can never be me.

They said I was poor
And you were rich,
My days are still to come.
I am proud to be me.

They said I was a poet
And you were a warlord,
The pen is my sword-
I am proud of what I do.

They said you built a mansion
And I live on the street,
Did they question how you came about your wealth?
I am not bothered, I am proud to be me.

They said I am me-
And you are you.
We are two different being
I am glad you will never be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment